Friday, April 21, 2006

Correction: premature notice of Trump-Parc hatch

This is embarrassing! And especially since I shamelessly boasted about scooping the NY Times. [That was the Girl Reporter syndrome I sometimes suffer from].

I looked at the photos on Bruce Yolton's site last night and jumped, positively leaped to a conclusion that turns out to have been hasty. About the Trump-parc chicks hatching. I guess I really wanted them to hatch pretty badly, what with the sad fate of Pale Male and Lola's nest.

Today I received the following e-mail from Ben Cacace, probably the most authoritative person involved with the Southern Central Park hawks. He's been following Pale Male Junior for at least 5 years. Many apologies. I'm still very hopeful that those eggs will hatch soon:

Marie,

I was up on the Parker Meridian hotel roof with
Lincoln using the 3" refractor at 80 power last night
(4/20 from 5:45pm - 7:15pm) and there was no evidence
of young in the nest. Neither feeding of young nor a
visual sighting.


All the best.

Ben