Sunday, October 22, 2006

Explanation and a map

A few weeks ago Nan Holmes, a discerning website correspondent , wrote the following letter:

I check your web site each morning after I arrive at the office and when I see that it has not been updated, I have this image of you writing and typing away on your next book; a neglected web site must mean a busy writer’s hand.

She is right! My deadline for Central Park in the Dark is getting closer, and I've been putting in long hours. Posting stuff on this website is MUCH MORE FUN. So I'll try not to neglect it too often.

In the meanwhile, here's an odd and interesting "Google Map" of birding locations in the Ramble created by Cal Vornberger, author of the photographic compendium
The Birds of Central Park. You might enjoy fooling around with it. If I figured out how to do it without any real instructions, so can you! Just click on a lot of different things and see what happens.

The map's on Cal's interesting website--you'll enjoy seeing more of it.
Here's the link for the map:
http://www.birdsofcentralpark.com/birdingmap.htm