Monday, December 11, 2006

Did you have problems with this page yesterday and the day before?

Experimentally, I put some photos on the website in an unorthodox way. It seemed to work. But now I know it was a terrible idea. Many people have written that their computer froze, or something else terrible happened I don't even understand, when they called up those pages.

I've deleted one whole post from the website, the one with the nice photo of a Long-eared Owl, which I had copied from an old website of mine. Obviously the two systems don't happily co-exist. And I've deleted Bruce Yolton's photo of swans on the Central Park Lake. Nothing wrong with the photo, just with the way I transferred it to my website.

Sorry, everyone. I'll try not to stray from the straight and narrow again. [But it's so much fun to experiment...And the present system of transferring pictures to the website is time-consuming, AND often doesn't even work. ]