Thursday, January 04, 2007

Attention Central Park Hawkwatchers

Bringing a stick to the nest - December 2006
Photo by Lincoln Karim




Bill Trankle asks: Any info from the eagle-eyed hawk watchers?

The Indianapolis correspondent sends an appeal:

As per John Blakeman's recent post on the nest, I was wondering if any of you keen observers had noticed what PM and Lola are doing with the twigs they're occasionally bringing to the nest? I see by Lincoln's photos that they are doing so now and then, but don't know if you guys have been around when they have to see the disposition of the sticks. I'm quite concerned that the spikes might make the nest seem tight enough that PM and Lola don't add much to it this year, possibly leading to another failed clutch. Still, I'm heartened by PM's stick-gathering behaviors, and I'm hoping he's tucking rather than dropping them!

Bill Trankle
Indianapolis