Sunday, May 18, 2008

Book News

Dear website readers,

Since many of you have been reading snippets of my book on this site for the last few years, I thought I'd copy the announcement of my June 17th talk at the American Museum of Natural History for those of you who aren't members. [The summer Calendar for members just went out.] June 17th is almost two weeks before the book's official publication date, but there WILL be copies of the book available at the event that evening. [It may be the first time I see the finished book myself. ] You can reserve tickets by phone--a number I've used in the past is 212-769-5200. Or on line, or just come on the day and get tickets then.

Central Park in the Dark with Marie Winn

Central Park in the Dark with Marie Winn

  • Tuesday, June 17
  • 7:00 PM
  • Followed by a nature walk
    Linder Theater, first floor
  • $15 ($13.50 Members, students, senior citizens)

Explore the little-known world of Central Park’s nocturnal wildlife with naturalist Marie Winn, author of Red Tails in Love: Pale Male's Story. Learn about the bats, owls, raccoons, spiders, crickets, and slugs that become active in the park after dark. Learn where the daytime creatures spend the night. After an illustrated talk, Winn leads a guided walk to see some of these elusive creatures. Books will be available for signing.