Sunday, June 21, 2009

City Nature Walks

Great Egrets at Jamaica Bay
Photo by Don Riepe

The photo above illustrated an article in yesterday's Daily News about wildlife opportunities in NYC. The link below will get you to the article. There's a brief quote by me in it, and notice of two talks I'm giving in July. But the author didn't get it quite right. I'm only giving one talk at the American Museum of Natural History-- on July 8. On July 24 I'll be speaking at the Arsenal under the aegis of the NYC Audubon. Both talks will be followed by visits to Central Park to see [I hope] some of the night critters I write about in Central Park in the Dark. All these events are in conjunction with the publication of the book's paperback edition which should be in bookstores next week. I'll post more info soon about the two events, [and another at the 92nd St Y in September].

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2009/06/20/2009-06-20_city_nature_walks_explore_nature_in_the_concrete_jungle.html