Friday, February 23, 2007

John Blakeman responds:

Pale Male [below] and Lola -- Feb. 19, 2007


Marie,

Your note on my involvement, however peripheral or distant, with Pale Male and all that he's come to symbolize, was most kind.

I hope that it is regarded by others as really a tribute to Pale Male and all the NYC hawkwatchers (especially yourself), the folks who have done the real work in bringing all of this to the entire world's attention. I am certain that the entire Pale Male saga has helped advance raptor conservation and appreciation in ways never possible, and particularly to audiences who would have never cared or learned.

Because of your efforts, Pale Male and all of the NYC raptors now belong to the widest, even worldwide, audience. As I see it, my role has been that of an informed raptor raconteur. Spending a few moments typing out some comments from time to time has been a privilege and duty, not a task.

My thanks to you.

Sincerely,

John A. Blakeman