Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Yellow-bellied sapsucker in Central park -- 11/8/05
Photo by Lloyd Spitalnik

Quite early this morning Karen Asakawa, Debora McMillan and I saw three of these beautiful woodpeckers in the park. One of them was a male with a bright, bright red throat. Also a pair of Hooded Mergansers on the Reservoir.

I'll be making quick visits only to the park until January 14th -- another big deadline is looming that's keeping me at my desk for long hours,. I'll post Central Park news sporadically until then. And occasionally some interesting tidbits touching onother subjects.

Here, for instance is a link to an article that Chris Karatnytsky sent me this morning on a subject of particular interest -- grandparents and grandchildren . This one, however is not about the kind of grandchildren you may be lucky enough to have in your life.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071221101725.htm