Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Junior & Charlotte's only child fledges!

The 888 nestling a few days ago - photo by Bruce Yolton-[check his site for much more hawk news from all over the city.]
http://www.urbanhawks.blogs.com


Brett Odum, [a friend of Bruce Yolton] who can see Junior and Charlotte's nest and nestling at 888 7th Avenue out of his office window, just sent in exciting news:

Subject: 888 7th Avenue Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:29:49 -0400 Sometime between last night and this morning the eyas at 888 7th Avenue fledged. I have not been able to locate him as of yet from my office If any of you hear of anything (good or bad) can you please either email me or post it on your blogs. I've been reading them religiously this year. Also, if there are any tips on how to locate fledged hawks, please pass them along and I will keep an eye out for him from my window. Regards, Brett Odom

James O'Brien wrote him back:

That's great news...he's probably hanging out on top of a bldg! The best way to locate him is to look for the parents. They will be bringing him/her food, so when you see them with prey, they'll be calling and circling trying to lure the fledgling out.